Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Fourth of July


Ma and I learned on CBS this Morning that the intention was always for our independence to be celebrated on July 2 (see Adams' letter to his wife Abigail dated July 3, 1776). We contend that we should, therefore, henceforth begin our celebrations on July 2 and continue through July 4. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Anyway, here I am thoroughly enjoying my first ever 4th of July parade. We were in Takoma Park, MD, a very artsy and creative/liberal community, and I had lots of fun watching the spectacle from my aunt/bubbie Riki's and uncle/grandpa Milan's front yard on the wonderful Carroll Street. (Picture followed by video.) *The nursery school referenced in the video is the local Takoma PArk nursery school, not my/my ma's preschool....


No comments:

Post a Comment